The Inheritance Guide

We are here to help, call 0808 197 6333

A simple way to unlock probate
Forum > Intestacy > Letters of Administration
View Question

Date Posted:
27-Aug-2013 15:31:58
Letters of Administration

When there is no Will the Personal Representative must obtain a ‘Grant of Letters of Administration’ from the Probate Registry. This name is slightly misleading as it is actually a court order and not ‘letters.’ This gives the Personal Representative the legal authority to administer the estate. This is the equivalent to a Grant of Probate, but is used when there is no valid Will attached to the estate.
Press Esc to close

Please be patient this can take a few minutes, we are processing your information and populating the relevant forms.